About us / HISTORY of cavalier rural electric cooperative inc.
- Cavalier Rural Electric Cooperative Inc. is located in Langdon, ND and was founded on September 17, 1945. It wasn’t until September 23, 1948, that the first section of power line south of the Clyde substation was energized and electric service brought to the first 85 farms. From that time on, the growth of the system progressed rapidly. Currently, we provide electrical service to over 1,600 members in the rural areas of Cavalier County and the northern one-third of Ramsey County. The area is 31 miles north and south along the east boundary, and 43 miles north and south along the west boundary. The total service area is about 2,200 square miles. When organized back in 1945-46, it was expected that the system would require approximately $4,150,000 in loan funds. As of 12/31/2019, the system is capitalized at $20,544,000 with a net value of $12,505,000
- In addition to providing electrical service, Cavalier Rural Electric Cooperative has electricians available to complete your wiring needs. We also have electrical resale items including light bulbs, fixtures, motors, water heaters, stock waterers, etc. CREC is also a Generac Dealer.
- In July 2018, Cavalier Rural Electric Cooperative purchased Glenn’s Appliance. Glenn’s Appliance had been in business for over 30 years and provided service to the Langdon area and Cavalier County. Glenn’s Appliance offers a variety of different products, in various brands. In addition, we service and repair nearly all types of appliances.